Wednesday 30 March 2016

Kareena Kapoor reveals her Ki side





By Harshada Vedpathak
She got acting in her vein so she is not scared to take challenges. Ki & Ka his her forthcoming film were she is playing working woman against the man who want to be a house husband…sound interesting…find out more from this interview
Is Ki and Ka is the rare film of which you are confident from the beginning?
Not at all…. I am very happy that film of this kind has made. You must have seen many actors giving an interviews saying that film is different…hatke…but in real Ki and Ka is seriously different from rest of films. Because you had not seen this kind of concept or this kind of issue been address. It’s a story of two people were a guy has no ambition and a girl with an ambition.  It’s different kind of film with different kind of test. And it’s got the right kind of energy.
It seems to be more of a role reversal film?
This is not a role reversal film. People had only made that out because Arjun is dancing in the film with high hills. It’s a beautiful film of two people. I am in the office and he is at home then obviously he only will cook the food. The whole film is about the relationship of two people. It’s beautiful fun film to watch.
So Ki and Ka has some social message to pass it on?
We are not making any docudrama here and this film is not at all boring kind. This film is entertainment fun film based on relationship as I had mentioned earlier. In the grab of entertainment if audience can pick up any message then they are welcome.
How was working with Arjun Kapoor, as he is from the younger lot of talented actor?
I have known him before he became an actor. Had worked with his father and we are family friends. But he is very good and he is surprisingly amazing in this film. Few days back we had trial screening of this film and everyone loves Arjun in this film.

There is buzz about yours and Arjun’s pairing, which seem to be very unusual?
Ki and Ka required person like Arjun and somebody like me into the film. And I don’t think anyone else could have played the role of house husband other than Arjun. Because Arjun has got that masculine look and that confidence to say on the screen that I want be like my mother. Now days you see heroes are busy making their mussels so looking at them you know hero is coming. But this film is about different kind of a guy so Arjun was perfect for the roll. And you had to see a girl who is very feminine. But she is slightly crazy and she is fun so she jumps into this experimental marriage with that kind of guy.
Promos of Ki and Ka been appreciated by many once again you had proven as an actress. What do you have to say on that?
That’s not the only thing but the way Balki has shoot it. Idea of the film also plays important role  here. It has different kind of performance were I just have to prepared very casually as it was real kind of character. I just have to be one of the girl who is working in marketing agency. Otherwise normally you know performances are mistaken when you are crying, shouting or action scene is happening but this film is not at all about it. You are being very real and very normal. And that is very difficult.
Overall Ki and Ka looks as fun film. So one can say you are back to that fun zone kind of films?
This is a fun film. It’s entertaining but at the same time it got a twist to it. This is deeper film then what people are thinking. It’s fun film but a different kind of film, which I have never done before.
As you had mentioned focus has shifted to body building then acting?
Many actor and actress are busy in body building. They work out in the gym and practice many thing. Very few people are interested into doing something like performance based.
Is that a trend or pressure of industry?
May be there are many trainers (Laughs) around. I don’t think so there is any kind of pressure from anywhere. But you have to decide what you want. And this is a film I want to be a part of. But I don’t know why the focus has shifted. But in this industry physicality is important. Being in visual medium you have to look good. But not necessarily, everyone has to have six pack abs.
But Salman Khan is the one who has started this trend?
That is but he is genetically blessed. He has fabulous body. He looks good and the kind of roll he does it required that kind of body. But I don’t know why is that actress are running behind toned looks
Do you think we don’t have those kinds of directors who can conceptualize different kind of story. Or we don’t have good script coming in?
I don’t agree, as Shakun Batra is really good when he made Kapoor & Sons or Ek Mei Aur Ek Tu. So there are directors. But there might be few and far but they exist.
In the press conference of Ki and Ka, Arjun Kapoor said I am working with ‘The Kareena Kapoor’, do you gives out vibes to lesser experience actors?
I had worked with everybody. I am very easy going actor. I am interested in my work and nothing else. I just want to do my job well. But besides this, I know Arjun been dearest friend for the longer time. I was in London when Arjun messaged me saying he has signed Balki’s film. I was happy for him as he is such a good director. We were then generally chatting and we did not know that we will end up doing this project. When I return from London, Balki message me about this film and I had asked him is this for the same film and here I am.
Kareena, lot has been spoken about the kissing scene in the film. Do you think some films use it as a selling point?
I don’t think so…. In this film we are playing husband and wife, so we are talking about the fact that they are in marriage. So they obviously will kiss, we are living in 2016. Please, we need to wake up to certain reality and understand it. We are over that phase were cashing it on kissing scene use to happened. And to talk about the director R. Balki, he is the one director; I can vouch for who will never use those tactics. And he need not have to do it, as we all know that he had made films like Chinikum, Pa, Shamitabh. And he has worked with most talented actors across. He doesn’t need to do this encasing kind of things. The idea about this film is, they have intimate scene but it’s an integral part of the film, it’s not like they are there just for the sake off.

What is your definition of woman Empowerment?
Now a day I see woman everywhere in almost all the field. Today no girl wants to sit at home and be a kind of women to produce children. At the same time, jobs are welcoming women. Probably we can multitask in a better way.
Why don’t you get on social media? In the case of Shashi Kapoor’s death rumour it could have been helpful for the clarification?
Who is interested in my opinion? And when people say oh she does not read news papers. That’s a misinformation people have. My roles are such that people think I am not aware about many things. I am not out here to show I am well read. People had written so much that I don’t even bother to clarify and it’s beyond me. At the same time people who knows me, knows that I have an opinion on many things, I read lots about current affairs. In fact I read more on scroll India then any bollywood websites.
Rishi uncle and Ranbeer had cleared it on Twitter. But I think I should have clarified it to press but I don’t know about Twitter.
As you are open for the opinion, what do you have to say about Hrithik and Kangana saga?
On that topic I don’t have an opinion. Because it’s very personal. It’s so sad also; I am very fond of both of them. So I really don’t want to give my opinion. And it doesn’t matter as it does not feature in my life.
As many actress are doing action films. You also had been a part of few action films. So when can we see you doing action scene in the film?
I am not interested to do any action films, as I had been offered it many are time. As I can’t imagine myself flying off, I am too feminine for that.
In future will we see you doing films with Karishma? Now as that you have banner also, we get to see you producing one?

I would love to do it, but there no script on sisters around. I don’t think so I shall be producing films.
 Are their any offers from West?
I don’t want to do western films. If everybody is doing Hollywood it don’t mean that even I should also start doing it. I have not been approached so far and I am not interested also. What Priyanka Chopra has done is great.  She is the only actor from India who has put mainstream Indian cinema on map.  And she is doing it in a fantastic way. In my case my priorities in life are different.
Now a day we don’t see you doing many films, what’s holding you?
I can’t do five movies in a year. I don’t want to do five films a year.
So can we call you leady Khan of the film industry?
I got that surname only because I am married to Saif Ali Khan (laugh…). I will do more films but I don’t want to do more than one or two films a year. I think I have been lucky and sometime right choice of films helped me. I don’t look at it like Leady Khan, I see myself as an actor who want to do good films. It’s not like that I don’t want to do more films. But problem is that I am not liking whatever I have been offer. I think there is some problem with me or those stories. In last six months, I have not liked a singl movie. If you ask me what I am doing post Ki and Ka, I simply don’t know….
Do you think we don’t have good writers? So no good scripts are floating around and in result of which you are doing fewer films?
I think there are good scripts and few writers around.  Who do come out with something new?
What’s next? You are doing Rajkumar’s film and Saif Ali Khan’s Badshaho?
I had some script issue with Rajkumar’s film. So that didn’t work out. But some day I would like to work with him. Let me clear it out that, I was never been a part of Badshaho. I was offered that film but I said no. But it has nothing to do with Saif Ali Khan being part of it. So after Ki and Ka, I have Udta Panjab.
What do you do when you are not shooting?
I love reading, especially current affairs. Love reading some amazing books. I watch films.  I go to gym. And listening to very bad scripts (laugh). My new houses are being done up so I have to work with my architect. I was busy shooting Ki and Ka then Udta Panjab, so I am bit free now to catch up with all my hobbies and work.
On lighter note, any love advice for Ranbeer Kapoor? Now how is your equation with Katrina Kaif?
Why will I do that? I have no advice for Ranbeer as he is very sensible and matured man. He is old enough to take his own decision. To talk about my equation with Katrina, is the same. Why it should change. I am on my own kind of person and I take my own decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment