Wednesday 11 May 2022

GANESH ACHARYA DEBUTS AS A LEADING MAN IN DEHATI DISCO

ACE CHOREOGRAPHER GANESH ACHARYA DEBUTS AS A LEADING MAN IN 'DEHATI DISCO'



The portly man with the pelvic moves who has choreographed more than 300 songs and directed two films popularly known as Masterjee in the film industry aka Ganesh Acharya is all set to debut as a hero in the film 'Dehati Disco'. At the trailer launch of the film in a suburban studio , he spoke to the media a length.This is how the gabfest went.

How was 'Dehati Disco' conceived?
The director of the film Manoj Sharma had this script in mind for me and he approached me with the project and since I knew him from before having choreographed a number of music videos, I felt comfortable and agreed to star in the project.

You are a director yourself having made acclaimed films like Swamy and Money Hai to Honey Hai, was it easier for you to act before thecamera?
I have been wanting to be a hero since my childhood and I have acted in some popular songs and the camera makes love to me and I was fully confident before the camera albiet with director Manoj Sharma's help.

What is the USP of the film?
The film has some wonderful songs and music by famed percussionist Sivamani who makes his debut as a music composer and Iam proud that I could dance to his songs.

 What does dance mean to you?
Dance is like a prayer and religion to me and there are so many forms of dance  like western, desi, classical. disco, breakdance,twist. folk dances, rap,fox trot, jive, cabaret,  and so many others that I could entirely make a film on dance.

What is the secret of your excellent tuning with Govinda?
Govinda is a brilliant dancer and I have choreographed many hit songs with him like 'What is your Mobile Number, etc and he is like a best friend to me and he is my mate and we share a terrific rapport  which reflects on the screen.

What is the film all about?
It  is about me and a small boy and their relationship. Manoj Joshi and Ravi Kisan are also in the cast. The story screenplay is mine. The rest you can watch it on the big screen when the film releases on May 20.


No comments:

Post a Comment